This is a recipe for homemade Girl Scout Thin Mints! It takes only 3 ingredients. Try these, and you won't be disappointed! These taste great right out of the freezer.
Homemade Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies
(Yield: approx. 50 thin mints)
- Ritz® Crackers (Approximately 2 sleeves)
- 1 package (16 oz.) Chocolate and/or Vanilla CANDIQUIK® Coating
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 tablespoon of shortening (Ex: Crisco)
Melt CANDIQUIK® in Melt and Make Microwaveable Tray™ according to package directions. Stir in 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract and 1 tablespoon of shortening into melted coating until well mixed.*
Using a fork, dip the cracker in the coating, using a spoon to completely coat the cracker. Let the excess coating drip off through the fork tines. Place on wax or parchment paper to set. Reheat the coating for a few seconds as needed while dipping (the extract does cause the coating to dry faster).
* Coating may become clumpy and thick after adding the extract, making it very hard to dip without adding the shortening.