Get some quick tips on upcycled holiday home decor from Betz White
Holiday home decor doesn't need to be a costly endeavor. Upycled sewing expert Betz White is joining us to share a few of her favorite holiday decorating tips, using repurposed materials. Here are 5 quick tips for turning your old sweaters or felt scraps from your craft room into unique seasonal decorations.
1) Cut up felted wool sweaters and sew the pieces into colorful stockings.
2) Create a flower wreath for your door using recycled sweater scraps and other colorful felt to create several types of flowers, rosettes, leaves and other embellishments (pictured above).
3) Use scraps of felt from other projects to create Christmas tree garland made up of pom-poms and jingle bells.
4) Add trees to a winter village display made from felted wool sweater ribbing (pictured above).
5) Top off those beautifully wrapped gifts with a Poinsettia Brooch made from felted sweaters and fabric (pictured above).