This post is sponsored by Minute Rice and Chicken of the Sea. Making this recipe was fun and hopefully inspires you to use to-go containers in ways you might not usually.
The Minute Ready to Serve Rice cup, which can be microwaved in 60 seconds, is a convenient solution for eating rice on the go, and great for lunch. The package also offers an opportunity to create a molded rice salad by combining it with a Chicken of the Sea Salmon flavored pouch, mayonnaise, cilantro, and a few other ingredients. Prepare, chill overnight, unmold and microwave for just 30 seconds before eating.
Minute Rice and Chicken of the Sea are also teaming up for a giveaway. Between Sept. 25 and Oct. 8, anyone can tweet answers to salmon trivia questions using the hashtag #NationalSalmonDay for a chance to win a 7-10 day Alaskan cruise plus Chicken of the Sea Flavored Salmon Pouches and Minute Ready to Serve products. For more ideas about how to pair the products, take part in the #SalmonLovesRice twitter party on Sept. 27 at 11 a.m. ET 8 a.m. PT.
Warm Rice and Salmon Salad with Tortilla Crust
1 Minute Ready to Serve White Rice Cup (4.4 ounces)
1 Packet Chicken of the Sea Salmon Pouch (Lemon-Pepper or unflavored)
1/8 cup crushed tortilla chips (pieces should still be visible)
1-1/2 tablespoons mayonaise
1 teaspoon chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon chopped cilantro
Lime juice (optional)
2. Empty rice into bowl and mix with chopped onion, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste. The rice should stick together a little bit.
3. Put two tablespoons of salmon into a separate bowl and stir in 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
4. Before filling the cup, make sure any leftover rice is removed. Fill the bottom of the cup with a 1/8-inch layer of crumbled tortilla chip. This not only gives the top a yellow crust, but also helps with unmolding. On top of the crumble, place 1/4 cup of the rice mixture. Press it into the cup with your fingers to make sure it molds. Scoop the salmon into the cup and smooth it into place with a spoon. Over the salmon place the rest of the rice and rice it into place with your fingertips. If the bottom isn’t flat the salad with look lopsided when unmolded. Over the bottom of top of the rice place one more 1/4 inch layer of chips.
5. Allow to chill overnight in the refrigerator.
6. When ready to unfold, place the cup, top up, on a table. Put a plate, serving side down, over the top of the cup. Hold onto the cup and place and in one smooth motion flip the cup over, take the cup off and you should have a molded salad. If for some reason the salad doesn’t unmold, tap on the top of the cup and it should slide out onto the plate.
7. Microwave the salad for 30 seconds on high.
8. To garnish, place one leaf of cilantro in the middle of the salad or chopped cilantro around the salad.
Don’t forget Minute Rice and Chicken of the Sea are teaming up for a giveaway. Between Sept. 25 and Oct. 8, anyone can tweet answers to salmon trivia questions using the hashtag #NationalSalmonDay for a chance to win a 7-10 day Alaskan cruise plus Chicken of the Sea Flavored Salmon Pouches and Minute Ready to Serve products. For more ideas about how to pair the products, take part in the #SalmonLovesRice twitter party on Sept. 27 at 11 a.m. ET 8 a.m. PT.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute to Serve Rice.