Do you love to label the items in your home? I certainly do! I'm also a huge fan of baskets which can make traditional labels difficult to use. So, I created these cool chalkboard labels with clothespins to attach to the baskets.
Let's Make Them!
1) Start by deciding how big you want the chalkboard portion of your label to be. I used a 1/2 inch border all the way around.
2) Measure and mark the border. Then, using the painters tape, tape off the border on your wooden pieces.
3) Apply the chalkboard paint inside the border. I typically do 2-3 coats alternating the direction of the paint with each coat.
4) After letting the last coat dry slightly, remove the painters tape. Let dry for 24 hours.
5) With your hot glue gun, attach the clothespin to the back (unpainted) portion of the labels. Let set.
6) Cure the chalkboard portion of the labels by rubbing chalk all over and then wiping it off.
7) Get labeling!